Are you finding it hard to hire quality as well as affordable content writers for your PBN sites? Does managing your PBN sites worry you every now and then? Well, you have ended up at the right place as today we will be discussing how to use the WayBack machine for restoring the web pages of any website. You can rebuild the whole website by using this method and keep it fresh and updated using the old content which used to reside on the site.
A PBN site is usually an expired domain with some quality metrics like DA, PA, TF and CF. The most vital part of maintaining a private blog network is to regularly keep it updated so that it can pass the link juice to your money site as well as sustain the authority of the particular PBN domain.
You would be amazed to know that you can rebuild the whole website by using the WayBack Machine scraping method. You can even restore web pages using the Google’s cache, but once it has updated you wouldn’t be able to see the earlier versions of a specific page. WayBack Machine can be used to search for the previous versions of the website (or pages) and use them to rebuild the site.
How to Rebuild your Website using WayBack Machine
- Navigate to the Internet Archive’s WayBack Machine website : http://www.archive.org/
- Enter the URL of the webpage you want to look for and Press Enter (eg: http://www.thenextweb.com/)
- Now you should be on the page showing a calendar where the years are near to the top of the page while the months of the corresponding year in the middle of the page
- Click on the blue bubbles you see on a particular date to check the snapshot or version of the web page on that day
- You can check all the pages in the archive of any website by adding an asterisk right after the domain name (eg. http://www.thenextweb.com*)
- When you will be on any page, you could see the top WayBack machine navigation bar which you can close from the upper right corner close button
- Right click or press Ctrl + U in Google Chrome to view the Page Source code and copy it to a HTML file on your server
- Once you are done recreating the page, rename that file as the page name which needs to be replaced and you are done!
So this was the process of manually scraping the previous version of any website in order to rebuild it and use it as a part of your PBN. It’s a great method for recreating and keeping your PBN site fresh by using the same old content which is perfectly relevant to the domain.
However, the process can be really tedious if you are aiming to scrape more than 1 websites and if you own a large private blog network. There are some services which help you to deal with this process for a charge. Let’s have a look at two of the most popular used WayBack Machine website scraping services.
- ArchiveScraper.net – Archive Scraper is a great service if you are looking to download the whole website and recreate it. You can scrape one website for $9.99 and also choose the Pro Plan which allows you to scrape unlimited websites in a month for $49.99. The process to download/scrape a website is very easy. You just need to enter the URL of the website and Search. Select the day you want to scrape this site from and click on Start finally. You will have to wait for an email containing a zip file of the scraped website. It makes take from few minutes to few hours depending on the queue and the size of the website you requested to scrape.
- WayBack Downloader – This is another fantastic tool for downloading older versions of a website and rebuild it for your PBN. It would be really hard to download every page of the website individually along with the different files and images. WayBack Downloader makes it look very smooth for which you need to provide them the Wayback URL (eg. https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.thenextweb.com/) and not the URL of the website only. They also provide an additional service to integrate the site with WordPress and make it even simpler for you, though they charge a $30 fee for this task. This service offers 1 site download for $15, 2-4 websites for $12.5/site and 5+ websites for $7.5/site.
Use WayBack Machine vs Hiring Content Writers
I am sure you would be wondering why should you use WayBack Machine over the content writers to produce content for the PBN site. Well, it is not mandatory to use this method but this can be really helpful in some terms.
- Cost Effective – If you are hiring a content writer for $10/article, you can spend $9.99 to scrape the previous version of the website and use the content which is very relevant to the niche which will save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Feasible Option – It would be quite tough to mange a team of content writers if you own a large PBN of let’s say 50-100 websites (it may go up to 500-1000 sites). So using WayBack Machine here to scrape the old content would prove very efficient and time saving.
- SEO changes tracking – Using WayBack machine can help you in analyzing the website modifications that affected the traffic and even research the old links to the website you own now.
With this, we come to the end of our guide on how to use WayBack Machine to reengineer an expired domain and scrape the old content which used to reside on that particular website. I hope the process was pretty clear and you now have a clear vision about what to choose to keep your PBN’s updated regularly so that they hold the rankings of your money website.
SEO is an ever evolving branch and testing out new things can always help you so my recommendation is to keep on practicing new methods and record your results. That’s how you win the game, sound off in the comments section if you would like to discuss or ask us or just say us ‘Hi!’, we would love to hear from you!
You will get full detail step by step for building high-ranked pbn