Hello. I have skipped posting for several days. I have been very busy lately with my unfinished project. But I miss you guys so I come and write a sequel to how to choose hosting for pbn. In the last post, I have explained that what types of hosting that you should avoid. Today, I will explain in more detail about the criteria for choosing hosting for private blog network. I will define corresponding tags for each topic into two types: (1) ‘IMPORTANT’ meaning there must be this property, and (2) ‘PREFER’ meaning it is better for hosting to have this property. Let’s start.
- Different name server for each IP – IMPORTANT – Before choosing web hosting for pbn, you must ask them “Do they have different name servers for each IPs?” It is no benefit if you have different IPs but the same name server. There will be ‘footprints’ for Google to track from the name server if your blog network belongs to the same owner. You will get all deindexed!!
- IPs must be different at least in C class – IMPORTANT - if you don’t understand what A/B/C class IP is, follow the link.
- Each ip is in different servers or different locations – PREFER – in setting private network, it will be best if you host different websites on different server or different location. This is because if all of your IPs whether it be class A/B/C but they are on the same server, Google will be able to see the relationship among them. So try to choose service provider that have many hosting on different locations around the world.
- Hosting that have IPs from different class A/B – PREFER – Results of research and test from website show that high ranking website for high competitive keywords usually have backlinks from high portion of A/B class.
- Hosting that provides service on dedicated IP – PREFER – Dedicated IP is an IP that belongs to you only. You are the only owner of that IP. No one can use it. In practice, it is safer, but the drawback is dedicated IP is more expensive.
In practice, there is no service provider that can service on dedicated IP in different location. So my advice is to choose either service provider with A/B class that provide servers in different location or service provider with dedicated IP in different A/B/C class.